Knives are beautiful, the craftsmanship and artistry required in making a great knife is just magical. As a knife collector I have had many knives that just sit in my showcase, but there are some that I specially enjoy when I brazen the elements of the wild!
We at “Exquisite Knives” have had our fair share of questions, everything from which knife is the most iconic, to which ones are antique collectibles, but the one that we get asked the most is “which knife should I use when going out into the wild”. The answer is that not any knife is viable to use in the wilderness, you can’t just bring a kitchen knife with you and expect to be a Bear Grylls and tackle the environment! What you need is a knife truly able to complete any task that the wild outdoors ask of you.
We have compiled a list of 5 of our favorite knives for surviving the wilderness!
- CRKT M21 Aluminum Folder: The M21 looks like your everyday carry knife, but it actually packs a lot of punch. It only weighs 3.2 ounces and has a blade length of 3 inches. You can rely on this knife to cut through anything with its sharp AUS 8 stainless steel.
- Tool Logic SL Pro 2: This knife is a very nifty and handy piece of equipment. If you are braving the wilderness by yourself this is the perfect knife for you. The knife has a loud signal whistle, spark rod and an LED flashlight which is stored in the knives handle. If you are out at night searching for Big Foot, or just coming from a long days of hunting then this is the knife to go for!
- Ka-Bar Mule Folder: Not only does this knife look bad-ass, it is! This super sharp knife holds thanks to its AUS 8A stainless steel and its hollow-grind 15-degree angle design. If needed a folder to hold in a South American jungle this one would be it!
- Cold Steel Recon 1 Spear Point: Don’t let the small size of the Recon folder fool you. This beautifully crafted knife has a 4 inch blade that is 3.5mm thick and is built from Japanese AUS 8A stainless steel with a black Tuff-Ex finish. If you want something that is light and very maneuverable then this knife is for you!
- SOG Force: This knife plays no games, if you want to make sure you own the wilderness like Sylvester Stallone in Rambo then this is the knife for you! The robust blade is thick AUS 8 Steel, strong enough to cut through any wood or any elements in the wild. Not only does this knife boast a razor sharp blade, but the handle is also made of glass-reinforced nylon. The material is super lightweight and the contoured shape of the handle makes this knife fit perfectly in your hand.